Important Information and Who We Are
The Seeq platform is an advanced analytics solution for process manufacturing data that enables organizations to rapidly investigate and share insights from data in historians, IIoT platforms, and database web services as well as contextual data in manufacturing and business systems. The platform includes Seeq Cortex, Seeq Data Lab, and the applications Seeq Workbench and Seeq Optimizer.
- Full name of legal entity: Seeq Corporation
- Name of data privacy officer: Sarah Hoff
- Email address: [email protected]
- Postal address: 113 Cherry St, PMB 78762, Seattle, WA 98104-2205
Please direct any complaints, requests, or inquiries to [email protected]. We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, and you are located in the EEA or other applicable jurisdictions, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
Changes to Privacy Notice
This version was last updated on 30 June 2023. We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating the notice to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check the com for changes.
The Data We Collect About You
To better provide you with products and services offered on our Site, Seeq may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
- Job Title
How Is Your Personal Data Collected
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on our sites. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Site; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) sending us an email message.
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Seeq. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Seeq website.
Children Under Thirteen
Seeq does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
How We Use Your Personal Data
Seeq collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested. Seeq may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Seeq and its partners or to communicate with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Automatically collected information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Seeq website.
Tacking User Behavior
Seeq may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within Seeq.com, to determine what Seeq services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Seeq to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Seeq application software may track feature usage to determine what features of the software are most popular. This data is used to prioritize enhancements to Seeq software and identify areas that can be improved.
From time to time, Seeq may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. To improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from Seeq or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Seeq, you may opt out of such communications by clicking on the unsubscribe or manage subscription links in any email that you receive.
Disclosures Of Your Personal Data
Seeq does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties. Seeq may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, or provide customer support. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Seeq, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Seeq may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Seeq or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Seeq; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Seeq, or the public.
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors in the United States with whom we have contracted. Stored data can only be accessed by Seeq employees for the purposes outlined above.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of All employees are trained in the appropriate handling of personal data.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
While we strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
The Seeq website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Seeq pages, or register with Seeq site or services, a cookie helps Seeq to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Seeq website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Seeq features that you customized.
You can accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Seeq services or websites you visit.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, the further retention of the personal data should be lawful where it is necessary, for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller, on the grounds of public interest in the area of public health, for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which overrides your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.